index / Automation Meetings / This page
Time: 11:00AM Eastern US (Currently 3pm UTC, 5pm CET)
- Automation Specification Version 2.0 Issues
- Automation Specification 2.1 Feedback
- “From “outside” the 2.1 draft looks very good, but gets increasingly harder to grasp. I’m a bit concerned that both the automation specification and OSLC as a whole is growing at a speed and in a form, where the original goal of simplicity and sticking to what is necessary for or needed by most applications, is not fulfilled anymore.” - Email 9th May. Response 14th May.
- Main agenda items:
- Review 15 May minutes
- Automation 2.1 & Actions
- OASIS OSLC Core TC assigned reviewers. No feedback yet.
- Clarifications made to http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Exposing-arbitrary-actions-on-RDF-resources/#pattern-immed-dialog - mailing list thread
- Tim to produce second draft
- Suggestion on mailing list: progress indication
- Discussed previously that it might be good to be seen to accept the suggestion. Does anyone have time to work on it?
- Workgroup business
- Next meeting 26th June (Martin away 19th June)
Actions from previous meetings
- John - To talk to people in Tivoli for SM about interest in Availability spec.
Tim, Martin, John, Steve
- Approved minutes of meeting on 2014-05-15.
- Minor wording correction in Actions 2.0 specification.
- SS will have a look if he finds time
- Suggestions: Not taking too many words. Starting with simple examples.
- Proposal: “This interaction pattern consists of the consumer displaying a delegated UI dialog to a user for them to perform the action immediately, and waiting for the action to be completed or canceled before returning to the consumer.” - MP
- No objections
- Availablity: - Tim working on it. Hope to deliver something in the next few days.
- JA: Suggested we have fewer meetings. Hold the slot, and only have the meeting if there is anything that we know to discuss the day before.
- Progress indication:
- People don’t have time to work on it right now.
- As Availablity is delayed, we could ask Rupert if he now or in the near/mid-term future would be available to join the WG to roll it together with Availablity review cycles, etc.
- PROMCODE may have something to reuse.