[Oslc-Automation] Core Actions updated (was: This week's meeting)

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 11 11:33:40 EDT 2014

Reminder to anyone on Core who said they'd review after Innovate ... it's
after Innovate now, tick tock  ;-)

Addressed the comments noted at [1], i.e.

Would be good to emphasis in the ActionDialog pattern why it is different
though:
Normative sentence saying provider SHOULD wait for action to complete
Non-normative note saying intended for short-running actions.
Non-normative note (or clarification of final sentence) saying that
instead of returning a URI like a creation or selection dialog does, this
dialog returns a verdict (or status) of the action’s execution.

It appears that someone took a pass at these already, I just polished it.
But since those at [1] were unclear as to whether or not it was
outstanding, (a) here is one audit trail (b) I added it to the change
history in the document [2].  Aside from a single pair of ; to , editorial
changes, all my edits were in section [3]

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/AutomationMeetings20140515/#Minutes
[2]
http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Exposing-arbitrary-actions-on-RDF-resources/#Changes-during-2.0-convergence-phase
[3]
http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Exposing-arbitrary-actions-on-RDF-resources/#pattern-immed-dialog

Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure OSLC Lead