[Oslc-Automation] Optional property proposal: Progress Indication

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Wed May 14 09:53:28 EDT 2014

Hi Rupert,

Thank you for your suggestion and feedback.

I will bring both of these points up at the next working group meeting.

The development of the next version of the specification (and future
evolution of the vocabulary) has moved to a Technical Committee at OASIS,
so I expect the suggestion for the progress indication will need to be
moved there to be considered.

As for the complexity of version 2.1, that is something we want to take
into account. Which area do you think complicates it the most? The list
below might help.

In my mind version 2.0 of the spec covered:
1. How to find Automation Plans given a Service Provider URL/resource
(selection dialog/query capability)
2. How to request execution of an Automation Plan

v2.1 added some more major areas and some minor ones too.
The major one being:
3. How to find an Automation Plan given an arbitrary resource on which the
Plans act (Actions)

And the minor ones being:
4. Finding out, before executing a Plan A, what Plan B is related to a
resource that is created by Plan A. ("Future actions")
5. Deferred execution
6. Execution environment (very small change)

It would help us if you could indicate, from this list (or from your own
understanding) what area of the spec adds most complexity to v2.1.

Thank you very much agains for your feedback,

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation technical
committee chair

E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Find me on:  and within IBM on:

IBM United Kingdom Limited