Collaboration / Partnerships with other organizations
<R.E., n.n.> topic started:
Backlog items: 103
remark: page needs to be updated according to the final topic template
Why to collaborate / partner with other organizations ….
- The community for interoperability in engineering environments can only be successful if the different initiatives working in this area collaborate and partner with each other rather than competing. There are many organizations with different backgrounds sharing the vision of integrated engineering environments. Sometimes they are promoting different approaches than linked data based loose coupling (e.g. via exchange formats). These approaches should not be seen as competitors to OSLC, but complementary approaches which can also be appropriate in some scenarios.
- Therefore it is the aim of OSLC to approach as many of these organizations as possible and check with them whether they are willing to collaborate.
- The form of collaboration can be different for the different organizations. It is preferable to have a formal relations ship between the legal entities representing the communities e.g. liaison between the OASIS OSLC member section and the association of community X.
- Some partnerships are already established (e.g. with INCOSE, ProsSTEP iViP, ..). A complete list of partner organization and contact point
can be found be here:
overview of partner organizations at OASIS OSLC Wiki
- Besides the formal relationship, it is desirable to initiate common activities with the partner organization:
E.g. joint events, working groups, promoting each others activities, publications, …
should we add examples for common activities
to be discussed: where to keep the overview of partner organizations (here or on OASIS-OSLC?)
the info on OASIS-OSLC is only accessable for OASIS members
Partner organizations overview