2014 May: 10 AM - 11:30 AM (Eastern); Wednesday, May 21
Virtual meeting details
This is the 11th meeting of the OSLC Member Section at OASIS Steering Committee.
(Reminder: StC Agenda Topics Backlog)
- logistics updates
- hospitality suite
- BoF session prep
- current WG/TC status
- RAQ plans (recruiting at Innovate)
- Other thoughts
- OSLC Connect at EclipseCon(s)
1. Innovate Conference [[review|discussion]: 25 min]
OSLC Steering Committee Agenda for Innovate
|Saturday, May 31 (specific times TBD)
||Qua Vadis OSLC? work sessions
||on-site meeting rooms not available - off-site options may be possible, more than one work session possible
|Sunday, June 1, 4-6 PM
||Open Technology Summit
||Dolphin, Southern III
||Andreas is giving a 10 minute lightning talk on OSLC, OSLC PROMCODE TC Chair, Mikio Aoyama, to participate on the panel with Robert Baillargeon of SODIUS, and Dibbe Edwards of IBM
|Tuesday, June 3, 12:30-1:15 PM
||BoF: Interoperability with PLM tools using OSLC
||Dolphin, Oceanic 7
||lead by Sean and Gary Cernosek of IBM, OSLC Steering Cmte invited to participate as honored guests
|Tuesday, June 3, 2-TBD PM
||More: Qua Vadis OSLC?
||Exec Briefing Center, details pending
||Continuation of Sunday’s session
|Tuesday, June 3, 8:30-10 PM
||Continuous Engineering Block Party
||The Cabana Bar and Beach Club
||Can set up a table with the OSLC banner nearby and hand out promotional materials/giveaways. Vote to allocate funds.
|Tuesday or Wednesday (time set after date)
||Social Networking Event
||If Tuesday, can try to bring people from the Block Party, if Wednesday, can try to attract people from after the Universal Studios event. Vote to allocate funds.
|Wednesday, June 4, 12:30-1:15 PM
||BoF: Tool Integration is Key to Successful Product and Software Delivery: OSLC Steering Committee Panel
||The Steering Cmte is the host, proposed session format and goals TBD, see suggestion below.
Draft format for Wednesday’s OSLC BoF
(The goal is to learn more about the needs of the community and, possibly, to get feedback on Steering Cmte initiatives from the Qua Vadis OSLC? discussions.)
- 5 minute overview of the current state of OSLC, including
- introduction of the existing Steering Cmte
- overview of TC/WG status
- election news
- general (set of) question(s) to the audience, something like:
- Are you using OSLC today, if so, how and for what?
- after getting some responses on that question, open the floor to general comments and questions, encouraging contributions in the following areas:
- bragging about success
- griping about shortcomings (vendor support, missing scenarios, missing domains)
- possibly: sharing some output of Qua Vadis OSLC? efforts and looking for feedback
Projected Order of Business
- Review Agenda
- Agree on BoF Format and goals
- Discuss other items
2. Updates [[review|discussion]: 10 min]
Current TC/WG status
by Steve Speicher
- Resource Preview - (converging) JSON version instead of XML, brought in line with LDP concepts
- Foundational document being drafted
- Various use case and requirements being flushed out
- Working with OASIS staff on TC namespaces to use: i.e. can we keep open-services.net or move to docs.oasis-open.org.
- Change 3.0 - draft near complete, on hold (working on core specs)
- Config - drafting definition of configuration
- Defining scope and final reviews of drafts to be submitted to OASIS
OSLC Requirements, Architecture, and Quality Management TC
by Sean Kennedy
Co-proposers needed. We should use Innovate to attract some co-proposers. Potential recruitment forums: OSLC Ped, OSLC BoFs, Block Party, Social Networking Event. Traceability between these 3 domains is of recognized import in the Systems Engineering community, we should focus on recruitment from organizations in that area.
Projected Order of Business
- Review current status
- Brainstorm on RAQ recruiting
3. Looking Ahead [[discussion]: 15 min]
- Liaison with INCOSE: waiting on response from INCOSE, have followed up recently
- Liaisons with other organizations?
- OMG System Engineering DSIG’s OSLC4MBSE WG is making progress … is (or will) anything more formal (be) required?
- OSLC @ EclipseCon Toulouse update
- Gray Bachelor (IBM) and Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus)(?) doing a tutorial on OSLC
- other happenings?
- OSLC @ EclipseCon Europe ?
- do we want to do more at the Fall conference than in Toulouse?
- what would that “more” be?
- what are the next steps?
- OSLC Tutorial at INCOSE IS: Sean, Steve, and Axel Reichwein
- anyone else planning to go to the conference?
Projected Order of Business
- Review the status
- Discuss ideas for EclipseCon Europe
- Discuss next steps for liaisons
- Rainer Ersch, Senior Research Scientist at Siemens
- Andreas Keis, Head of Systems Engineering Processes and Platforms at Airbus Group
- Mik Kersten, CEO of Tasktop
- Mark Schulte, Associate Technical Fellow at Boeing Defense Systems
- John Wiegand, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect for IBM Rational (StC Chairman)
Steering Committee Regrets
- Bola Rotibi, Research Director at Creative Intellect
Steering Committee Staff
- Operations Coordinator, Sean Kennedy, IBM
- Technical Coordinator, Steve Speicher, IBM
- Scott McGrath, OASIS
- Jane Harnad, OASIS
Public minutes are below.
Detailed minutes are available for the OSLC Steering Committee.
1. Innovate Conference
- approved the promotional materials and info table for the “Continuous Engineering Block Party” event
- the BoF can focus on a general question about integration … generally, the focus of the BoF will be determined on site based on the outcomes of the “Qua Vadis OSLC?” discussions
- initial OASIS OSLC 3 spec releases: targeting End of Summer
- OSLC 3 specs are generally additive to their OSLC V2.0 predecessors
- when a proposal for the OSLC spec namespace is ready, the Steering Committee would like to review
3. Looking Ahead
- need to close on the INCOSE effort - contact Axel Reichwein to see about updates
- Rainer reports potential interest for liaison from ProSTEP … ought to look at this more in the future
- insufficient attendance from the community to staff a booth in Toulouse, but should be able to do so in Germany in October
- need to discuss if there is anything more that should be proposed for EclipseCon Europe in Germany
Agreements and Consensus in this meeting
- Order promotional materials and have a table at the “Continuous Engineering Block Party” at Innovate
Action Items from this meeting
- OSLC @ EclipseCon Europe
Future Agenda Topics from this meeting