Review the Transformation scenarios from Engineering Activities Matrix
- As a basis for discussion, Jad has reviewed the scenarios and made the following observations: From the transformation scenarios reviewed, I can identify 3 kinds of transformations:
- Transformations where the integration need focuses on automating the steps required to perform the transformation - control integration. typical example is the scripting of code generation of FPGA using TCL.
- This ought to be best handled using the Automation Server.
- model/data transformations where the integration need focuses on transforming data from 1 tool to another - data integration. Example, migrate from a UML model to a Simulink model.
- Given that the focus is on data, should there be better direct support for this data integration in OSLC?
- A specific example of the above data-focused transformation is when migrating the same type of artefacts from 1 tool to another - equivalent tool.
- In this case, would be more reasonable to use OSLC services instead of a transformation engine?