OSLC Communications User Group Meeting March 14, 2017
Agenda and Discussion
Community Revamp - Bill and Axel will work together to plan/organize this activity. In addition, need to discuss the current funding of the open-services.net site - should be moved from IBM paying for it to the OSLC Community. Axel is still in search of a community manager.
- IBM will continue paying for the current open-services.net site as we figure out the plan for the community revamp. We will revisit this topic in a couple of months if it takes longer than expected to launch an updated site. ACTION Will revisit in May.
- OSLC Community Clean Up - Mark sent an email with numerous suggested improvements. Kalena will implement the simple clean up items, but this will be revisited once we start planning to create the new site.
OSLC Community Update - Waiting for the Core and CCM specification to be released to use this as the main topic for the update. Core specification should have a committee specification in March and the CCM should be going to public review sometime around April. Will target May for the update if the specifications hold their dates.
Datasheet Update - We need to update this datasheet to highlight things are community is doing, so that all companies want to share this at conferences. – Kalena has received updates from Rainer and Mark. Kalena will check to see if we can get the source of the document from Jane.
2017 Events – What events do we want to support/fund in 2017? Is there an Industrial Consortium event in 3Q2017? Mark updated the events on the site.
- ACTION - Kalena will also ask Axel if he’s aware of events we should have a presence.
- Kalena will follow up with Michelle on ICE 2017 plans, but tentative plans is for a November event in Nashville, TN or Tampa, FL. ACTION - Allocate funds to celebrate the 10th year of OSLC
- Industrial Internet Consortium in Dec. 2017
- DevOps Enterprise Summit (DOES) Nov 2017 in San Francisco – Tasktop is going to be a sponsor
- Siemens/PLM event in May? ACTION - Bill is planning on attending and will find out more who’s running it and what are possibilities for us to have a presence.
- ACTION - Kalena will research the funding of pens, mini-notebooks, trinkets that are easy to export to events and have something prepared for next week’s Steering Committee meeting. Kalena will talk to Jane about possibilities.
Proposed Addition to the Mission Statement - State that OSLC endeavors to have a minimal-coupling methodology where it maximizes opportunity for integration. Jim thought this really wasn’t a vision thing since we ought not to limit what others can do. This type of message can be announced and discussed in forums, etc. Also noted was that there’s a open-services.net discussion on this very subject.
- ACTION - Kalena will check with Nelson and Jim as to what was suppose to be discussed at the Comm WG
Scorecard - What are our goals? Why do we want to track things on the community?