OSLC Communications User Group June 13, 2017
- Brian King
- Rainer Ersch
- Mark Schulte
- Bill Chown
- Jim Amsden
Community Updates (Brian)
- New site (Brian)
- Slides sent to meeting invitees yesterday, to be presented to StC
- Starting to build a prototype
- Let’s choose a single point of communication moving forward
- Email for Bill
Payment of Current OSLC Community Site (Brian) - Currently waiting for reply from Cathie at OASIS to take over this payment.
- Brian to ping Cathie personally
- Nine days to next payment
- Should we cc anyone else at OASIS? Jed or Scott.
OSLC Member Spending Section (Mark)
Has this been discussed and signed off at StC level yet? (Mark)
- Was presented at last meeting
- No questions about it
- Will be formally approved by StC next week
- What’s the next step?
- Send to OASIS after StC approval
- Each individual spending has to be voted by StC, and then we contact OASIS
- Log payments in spreadsheet
- Process can take time
OSLC Community Update - Proposed agenda topics:
- OSLC Specification Status
- Update: Summer Intern at Boeing might be able to help with moving the specs over to OASIS
- Nick was going to update the respec templates, but has been very busy. We can go with what we have for now if we don’t get to it.
- Mark, Jim, Nick, and intern, and Brian will have a meeting. Mark to create the invite.
- Intern has coding skills
- Could also work on OSLC 3 implementation - change management and core specifications
- Jim to update StC next week on the specifications status
- Extending our OSLC community to new areas
- 10 Year Anniversary
- Luggage tag
- Electronics case
- Brian to price out different items, both max on one item and also split between two items
- Call to Action for community members
- OSLC Open Source Options?
Datasheet Update (Kalena)
- From last meeting: Kalena to reach out to Jane to see if we have the source of the document. Kalena will also work on the updates Rainer and Mark submitted.
- Where will we be using it?
- Hand out at events
- We can also put it on the website for download
- Bill might have the source! Will check with his Marcom person.
- We can also recreate from scratch
- Everyone will jump in and give their ideas for changes - pass it on to Brian
2017 Events - Are there any others we should have a presence?
- Tasktop Connect (October) added (Rainer)
- Promotional Ideas (Brian)
Proposed Addition to the Mission Statement
- From last meeting” : State that OSLC endeavors to have a minimal-coupling methodology where it maximizes opportunity for integration. Jim thought this really wasn’t a vision thing since we ought not to limit what others can do. This type of message can be announced and discussed in forums, etc. Also noted was that there’s a open-services.net discussion on this very subject.
- From last meeting” : ACTION - Kalena will check with Nelson and Jim as to what was suppose to be discussed at the Comm WG
- We aren’t sure what we need to discuss here!
- Vision statement will appear prominently on new site, so will continue to be an evolving topic
- We will explore publishing them on OASIS, where the specifications will be
- We will still need the open-services.net redirect
- Consensus is that it is a good idea
- We will have to re-think how the reference pages are published
- HTML versions are in the spec themselves, so no need to duplicate that
- Let’s refer this to the technical committee