OSLC Communications User Group June 13, 2017
- Community Updates (Brian)
- Brian, Rainer, and Andreas Keis met in Munich
- Purpose to talk about purpose of OSLC, new site, and so on
- Notes at http://open-services.net/wiki/communications/Munich-Meeting-2017-06-06/
- What should we focus on? Applying specifications, bringing into practice more vs. consolidating information base that we have
- New site (Brian)
- Slides sent to meeting invitees yesterday, to be presented to StC
- Starting to build a prototype
- Let’s choose a single point of communication moving forward
- Email for Bill
Payment of Current OSLC Community Site (Brian) - Currently waiting for reply from Cathie at OASIS to take over this payment.
- Brian to ping Cathie personally
- Nine days to next payment
- Should we cc anyone else at OASIS? Jed or Scott.
OSLC Member Spending Section (Mark)
Has this been discussed and signed off at StC level yet? (Mark)
- Was presented at last meeting
- No questions about it
- Will be formally approved by StC next week
- What’s the next step?
- Send to OASIS after StC approval
OSLC Community Update - Proposed agenda topics:
- OSLC Specification Status
- Extending our OSLC community to new areas
- 10 Year Anniversary
- Call to Action for community members
OSLC Open Source Options?
Datasheet Update (Kalena)
From last meeting: Kalena to reach out to Jane to see if we have the source of the document. Kalena will also work on the updates Rainer and Mark submitted.
2017 Events - Are there any others we should have a presence?
- Tasktop Connect (October) added (Rainer)
Promotional Ideas (Brian)
Proposed Addition to the Mission Statement
- From last meeting” : State that OSLC endeavors to have a minimal-coupling methodology where it maximizes opportunity for integration. Jim thought this really wasn’t a vision thing since we ought not to limit what others can do. This type of message can be announced and discussed in forums, etc. Also noted was that there’s a open-services.net discussion on this very subject.
- From last meeting” : ACTION - Kalena will check with Nelson and Jim as to what was suppose to be discussed at the Comm WG