STATUS: WORKING DRAFT This is a working draft of the scenario. It’s contents are expected to change.
Application analysis tool performs a scan of web application or source code and a software development change request needs to be created or linked.
A scenario without roles:
- Scan is run and problem analysis issues are generated
- Scan user selects one or more problem analysis issue to create a defect against
- Defect is pre-filled with: headline, detailed description and severity.
- Note: the application analysis tool typically has 5 settings for severity value.
- Tool adds log as attachment to the new defect. This log provides details about the scan results. See attached sample below
- Application analysis tool is configured to link to a CM tool
- Property value mapping (severity) configured by application analysis tool
- Desired: Link is stored in application analysis tool to created defect
- User is prompted (or preference) to create 1 defect per issue instead of grouping. Prefer not to see dialog for each defect.
- Configuration setup: mapping properties from problem analysis issue to defect, for better enablement of automated creation of defect
- Don’t submit same defect twice.
problem analysis issue[s] (application analysis tool)
log (file) (application analysis tool) see attached sample below
defect (change management tool)
attachment (change management tool)
Process to developing this scenario
- Elaborate on the scenario, possibly define a few alternatives and tool specific configurations
- Identify key resources and their properties
- Identify gaps in specification and terminology
Possible specification Needs
- Attachments - need to add local OS file (scan results) to existing defect resource. See SpecBacklog: Attachments
- severity - a standard set of values, typically 5 is enough