Usage Scenario: OSLC Simple Query
An authorized and authenticated REST or web client wishes to query a service provider for resources. The resources may be UML model elements, BPMN diagrams, ER models, or custom defined resources. The client is assumed to know what properties are in the resource.
Execute simple query
- The client obtains the query base from the OSLC service provider document.
- The client constructs the query using the OSLC Simple Query Syntax.
- The client GETs the query base passing the query in as a set of query parameters. The Accept header is
application/rdf+xml, and the OSLC-Core-Version is set to 2.0 (or 3.0?)
- The response (may be paged) includes all the matching resources, and depending on
oslc.select the resources properties.
- If the response is paged and there are additional pages of results, the client GET’s the next pages.
- All resources with the
dcterms:title property “Sample Resource”.
- All resources with the property
ex:important that references
- All resources whose
ex:status property is
- All resources of a given type and modified after a given date.
- All UML Classes with an operation that have an operation parameter of a given Class.
- All resources that have been modified by a specific user and time frame.
- All resources that reference a given URL, in any property.