Update 2012 May 09: I've posted the video of the presentation
Update 2012 May 14: I've also posted the draft Intellectual Property policy and Workgroup Participation Agreement.
In a presentation this morning, Kartik Kanakasabesan presented a proposal for a new governance model for the OSLC community.
Some key features of this governance model are:
- Creation of a Steering Committee: The Steering Committee will provide non-partisan decision making for the OSLC community while mostly allowing the various workgroups to govern themselves
- Definition of OSLC membership: In the past this was not clearly defined, and we would like to clarify the rights and privileges of OSLC membership
- Clarity in the decision-making process: We want to have an official, open decision-making process defined for the community, our workgroups, and the Steering Committee
- More comprehensive intellectual property (IP) agreements: The new Member Agreement and Workgroup Participation Agreement will make it easier for the community to submit specifications to standards organizations such as W3C or OASIS
- Changed web infrastructure to support the changed IP rules: Members will have to agree to the IP rules before they can contribute to workgroups
More details are provided in the presentation slides (.pdf) from May 8th.
|Presentation slides||Discuss the proposed changes (in general)|
|Bylaws||MS Word (.doc) or .pdf||Discuss the draft bylaws|
|Members agreement||MS Word (.doc) or .pdf||Discuss the draft members agreement|
These documents will affect everyone that continues to participate in the OSLC community. Please review these and provide your feedback.
Upcoming presentation/discussion: Question and Answer session for the updated governance model
Update 2012 May 16: This presentation has been cancelled.
We will be hosting another webcast on May 15th at 11am Eastern (8am Pacific / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET) to answer any questions about the new governance model.
Date & Time
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
11:00am Eastern Time (8:00am Pacific / 4:00pm GMT / 5:00pm CET)
We're planning to have an open question and answer for one hour.
If you can't make it, we'll post a recording as soon as it's available.
Watch it live
During the presentation, watch live at the Webdialogs site.
For the audio, call in to the following:
- USA & Canada Toll free: 1-866-245-5059
- Global toll-free: 800-4444-1010 (preface with call-to-Canada/US code)
The conference ID is
8656837, and the security code is