[oslc-website] [oslc] Community feedback on the potential new design of the OSLC website

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed May 25 12:19:11 EDT 2011

Hi.

Le lundi 23 mai 2011 à 15:06 -0400, Kartik Kanakasabesan a écrit :
> Hello Community Members,
>                              For those of you with whom I have not had the
> chance to talk, I am Kartik Kanakasabesan working on helping the OSLC
> community efforts. My team and I, over the past few weeks have been
> thinking about how to revamp the website and to make it more interactive.
> We have come with a new mock up at the following URL:
> http://open-services.net/sandbox/  and would really like to hear from you,
> the community members about your impressions/improvements to the site etc.
> We have already received some feedback and incorporated them to the mock
> up website. We will be collecting your feedback from May 23 2011 to May 27
> 2011 and incorporating the feedback in to the site as it evolves. The
> mailing list to use for providing your feedback is
> oslc-website at open-services.net or you can use the link from the website to
> provide feedback
>
> Thanks in advance for your comments and insights in improving the
> experience of the OSLC.
> Regards,

I think a pointer to the specs is missing in the home page.

Also, I think that the words "community" and "specifications" in the
main page's description should be pointing to corresponding pages (maybe
participate's and learn's).

I'd like to see mentions of open community and open standard in more
prominent way, if possible.

More generally, I miss 2 important keywords : "standard" and
"interoperability" in the front page.

Otherwise, looks nice.

Is internationalization of contents available a planed feature of the
site ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>