[Oslc-steeringcommittee] Opportunity: webcast to the CSCC community

Sean Kennedy seanpk at ca.ibm.com
Tue May 21 12:23:36 EDT 2013

Hello OSLC Steering Committee members:

We've been approached with the opportunity to give a presentation to the
Cloud Standards Customer Council [1] sometime in June.
I think we can re-use many of the slides that were presented to on the
OASIS analysts call today [2]. If we want to go into some more technical
detail, I think we can draw from some of the slides in the "Intro to OSLC
and Linked Data" presentation [3].

This is my first pass for an agenda (unordered):
* the general problem it addresses (integration)
* how it works (really high level)
* what specific problems it solves today (perhaps with some end-user
examples)
* recent news (User Groups, OASIS, finalized specs)

To keep the momentum going, I suggest we try to do this webcast the week of
June 10. The CSCC typically does their monthly conference on Thursdays from
11 AM - 12 PM ET, so that means I'm proposing Thursday, June 13 from 11 AM
- 12 PM EDT.

If this sounds good, in principle (actually, I'll assume it does), I'm
looking for some volunteers/nominations for some of you to present. (I will
certainly help prepare the deck, and can do anything else required as
well.)

Thank you for your prompt responses!

[1]: http://www.cloud-council.org/
[2]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/File:130521_-_OSLC-OASIS_analyst_community_call_v4.ppt/resour
[3]:
http://open-services.net/resources/presentations/introduction-to-oslc-slideshow/

Best regards,

 Sean                                                                                IBM
 Kennedy

 OSLC
 Community
 Development
 Leader for
 IBM
 Rational

 Operations
 Coordinator
 for the
 OSLC
 Steering
 Committee

 Phone:      +1-905-413-4385                       8200 Warden Ave

 Fax:        +1-905-413-4850                       Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7

 Email:      seanpk at ca.ibm.com                     D1/R0A/8200/MKM

 LinkedIn:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/seanpk     Canada

             OSLC: Lifecycle integration inspired  http://open-services.net
             by the web