[Oslc-steeringcommittee] OSLC Connect 2013

John Wiegand John_Wiegand at us.ibm.com
Tue May 14 11:26:18 EDT 2013

Andreas (and Bola): I support your thoughts here, and believe this shows
promise.  Let me try to distill and elaborate the essence:

* Our target audience is two-fold:
        1) Technology / Solution Provider who want to do OSLC based
implementations to provide interoperability or to make their own tools
interoperable
        2) End User Companies who are looking for standards to make their
(IT, Systems/Software Engineering, etc) platforms & processes better
integrated. These Companies want to select and influence promising
standards and want to push their (tool) suppliers  to adapt the right
standards.
* Establish a one 1-day workshop, advertised as "OSLC Connect", and
associated with an existing ALM event.  (For example, before/after
Innovate UK, one before/after ALM Summit, EclipseCon, etc)
        Further idea: We could establish a series of these workshops if
successful.
* The workshops will share expert opinions on best practices, patterns for
using OSLC, successful experiences.  (I suggest the experts are invited).

Any additional feedback?  I believe we should provide this as guidance to
the Communications UG for their subsequent planning and execution.

take care,
John