[Oslc-steeringcommittee] OSLC Steering Committee Panels at Innovate 2013

Sean Kennedy seanpk at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jan 15 15:26:22 EST 2013

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I prefer the modification:
"1. make integrations easier and more robust, "
I think the change you propose would lead us to:
"1. make software, systems engineering, integrated system management, ...
integrations easier and more robust"
i.e. we'll need to add all the different fields that are touched by OSLC.

I still have to follow up on BoFs ... I thought they'd be at lunch again,
with packed lunches. We could have one for OSLC.
I plan to organize a hospitality suite like last year as well. That will
likely be Monday or Tuesday evening.

I've made the two proposals because there are two tracks and I wanted to
give us the opportunity to reach the greatest audience. Also, it seems some
of the terminology used in the two fields is somewhat different (see the
special meaning placed on "software" that led to the comment about the
abstract), so we can use the right language with the right groups.

"We should prepare a presentation about the OASIS transition status to
start with, and focus, but not limit, the discussion to organizational
topics. Technical topics (RDF syntax and such) are hard to explain in such
open sessions, due to different levels of knowledge in the audience.
Nevertheless, we should have technical experts (e.g. WG leads) present to
address technical topics or connect them with the interested parties for
offline discussions.
We should also spend some time to explain how people can get involved in
OSLC. The ultimate goal of the sessions should be to recruit some members
for the active participation in the workgroups. "
I think we could cover these things through some of the "prepared
questions" in the panel discussions. Does that make sense? Given how
"sliced and diced" the conference is amongst streams and tracks, if we
could pick another track for a third presentation, we'd likely get a whole
new audience, even if we covered the info in the panels too.

EVERYONE: what do you think?
If you sign in to the Innovate site [1] and create a speaker profile, I can
add you as a speaker to either session.

[1]: https://www.ibm.com/events/tools/innovate/innovate2013ems

Sean Kennedy

OSLC: Lifecycle integration inspired by the web --
http://open-services.net/
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC -- http://eclipse.org/lyo/

There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. -- Victor
Hugo