[Oslc-steeringcommittee] 15-day Public Review for Product Life Cycle Support V1.0

Schulte, Mark D mark.d.schulte at boeing.com
Wed Aug 14 07:18:46 EDT 2013

I was just curious as to whether others had seen this.

The OASIS Product Life Cycle Support (PLCS) TC (which I know nothing about) sent out information on a review last week that sounded like it would have some relationship to the same things we are doing here with OSLC, although perhaps that is not quite the case.  Is this a concern?

"to establish structured data exchange and sharing capabilities for use by industry to support complex engineered assets throughout their total life cycle. The OASIS Product Life Cycle Support (PLCS) standard is defined by Data Exchange Specifications (DEX) that are based upon ISO 10303 (STEP) Application Protocol 239 Product Life Cycle Support. This draft includes the PLCS library, templates, derived SysML and XML models and associated reference data."

Is there any synergy needed between this effort and the OSLC work?

Mark D. Schulte, Associate Technical Fellow
Systems, Software, PLM & ESML Engineering
Boeing Defense Systems
The Boeing Company<http://www.boeing.com/>
mark.d.schulte at boeing.com<mailto:mark.d.schulte at boeing.com>
Office: +1 314-777-7331