[Oslc-steeringcommittee] FYI: a member's agreement has been completed by an individual

Kartik Kanakasabesan kartik at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 31 11:33:52 EDT 2012

Hi Rainer,
              I am responding to your thread as one of the contributing
author's of the OSLC Members Agreement.
We were trying to provide enough "wiggle room" in our language to allow
the Steering Committee to make appropriate accommodation in approving
individual membership approval.
But Prior to an individual application coming to the Steering committee,
the support team (i.e. us) will ask the submitter a few questions in order
to provide the Steering Committee better context to an individual
membership agreement submission. If the individual does not respond to our
due diligence questions then such decision will not be forwarded to the
Steering committee at all.  Because we have wiggle room in the T's and C's
of the Bylaw's. The Steering Committee can nominate a single person as
their delegate to approve individual memberships. Individual Memberships
need to approved as long as they have provided information:
--------
Independent OSLC Members
Under certain limited conditions, a person may become an OSLC Member in an
individual capacity, independent of any other Entity, by executing the
OSLC Member Agreement as an Independent OSLC Member.
To join as an Independent OSLC Member, an individual must certify that the
individual is:
1.      not currently employed by another Entity in a field of technology
pertinent to OSLC; and
2.      not sponsored by, financed by and/or acting as an agent of another
Entity to participate in OSLC; and
3.      not under any legal obligation to assign any intellectual property
rights in any of the individual’s ideas, inventions, works of authorship
or the like to another Entity.

Regards,
Kartik
Kartik Kanakasabesan
Manager, OSLC Community Development
IBM Rational
Email: kartik at us.ibm.com | Phone: 919-254-4363
Assistant: Melody Jones, melojo at us.ibm.com
OSLC: Enabling applications to integrate just like the internet
Check out more @ http://www.open-services.net