[Oslc-steeringcommittee] Update on F2F meeting proposal for 1Q 2013

John Wiegand John_Wiegand at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 19 13:17:54 EDT 2012

I have asked Steve Speicher to represent me (and IBM) at Monday's meeting.
 This will enable more effective communication , and I trust, an even more
productive meeting.

take care,
John

From:   Sean Kennedy <seanpk at ca.ibm.com>
To:     oslc-steeringcommittee at open-services.net,
Date:   10/18/2012 02:47 PM
Subject:        [Oslc-steeringcommittee] Update on F2F meeting proposal
for 1Q 2013
Sent by:        "Oslc-steeringcommittee"
<oslc-steeringcommittee-bounces at open-services.net>

Hi All,

Just a quick update on what I found when I spoke to each of you about
where (i.e. which conference to co-locate with) to have a F2F meeting in
1Q 2013:
There isn't a conference that everyone has a business reason to attend.
Not just for the first quarter, but for the whole year (other than IBM
Innovate).

That said, with 5 of 6 StC members together for the meeting on the 22nd,
we should consider it to be a F2F meeting as well.

Going forward, there seems to be support for "making hay" anytime a few
Steering Committee members get together. So even if not everyone is
together, we can still do other events and have a StC meeting
Everyone thought it important that OSLC have "a presence" at many industry
conferences. This is in line with the second action item from the last
meeting [1]. We have a seed list on this mailing list thread [2], but work
to do something with the list (as per the corollary, see [1]).

[1]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/1209-StC-Meeting/#action-items

[2]:
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-steeringcommittee_open-services.net/2012-September/000063.html

Sean Kennedy

OSLC: Lifecycle integration inspired by the web --
http://open-services.net/
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC --
http://eclipse.org/lyo/
There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. -- Victor
Oslc-steeringcommittee mailing list
Oslc-steeringcommittee at open-services.net