[Oslc-steeringcommittee] Update on action items from September

Sean Kennedy seanpk at ca.ibm.com
Tue Oct 30 11:35:32 EDT 2012

Hello OSLC Steering Committee members:

As you may recall, or have read in the minutes of the October 22 meeting
[1], we did not cover the review of the action items from September during
the meeting.
Since I have created a tables for Open [2] and Closed [3] action items, you
can find the latest status of the September action items in those places.
(The action items from the September meeting have IDs that start with
120926.)

For easy reference I've pulled the current state of the wiki page into this
email:
{
As of now, the following action items are closed:
120926.01 	Parham Vasaiely 	confirm that we can hang an OSLC poster, or
distribute and OSLC flyer at Innovate UK
 	there is no place for a poster, but flyers have been created [4] and
will be distributed
120926.03 	Sean K. 	follow up with contacts about engaging TBL for a
short Linked Data & OSLC video
 	The topic should be broached at the W3C LDP F2F in Lyon (during the
week of October 29). Updates on this topic should come through the regular
update from the Communications WG.
120926.06 	Sean K. 	connect with each StC member individually to find
out which orgs they are comfortable approaching
 	see Rethinking focal points [5], which refers to Vendor engagement
matrix [6] and Vendor Recruitment Discussions [7]
120926.07 	Sean K. 	connect with each StC member individually and get
conference preferences
 	see this email [8]

The following remain open:
120926.02 	Communications WG (with StC input) 	create a list of
conferences where OSLC should have a presence
 	After the list is built the Communications WG has the responsibility
to promote the conferences for people to submit presentations, track who?s
going, enable attendees with materials, and help coordinate the OSLC
presence. An email [9] has been sent further explaining the idea to the
Communications WG mailing list.
120926.04 	Sean K. (with StC input) 	create a list of reoccurring
agenda items that we can pull into meeting agendas on a periodic basis
 	no update

The other action item listed in the minutes of the September meeting is
actually a continuation of an action item from August. This action item is
still open:
120814.03 	Bola 	create a plan for how to engage analysts, also working
with Dave West from Tasktop
 	The plan is to be reviewed by the whole StC. A preliminary plan is
discussed here [10].
}

Completed action item 120926.03 should serve as input to the "early"
meeting to "discuss vendor engagement and focal points".
I plan to close on 120926.04 this week.

I hope the two pages for action items (public [11] and private [12]) are
useful for you. Please let me know if you want to see any changes to the
pages.

Thanks.

  [1]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/1210-StC-Meeting/#minutes
  [2]: http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/Action-Items/#Open
  [3]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/Action-Items/#Closed
  [4]: http://open-services.net/wiki/communications/OSLC-flyer/
  [5]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/BigOrgTargets/#Rethinking-focal-points
  [6]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/BigOrgTargets/#Vendor-engagement-matrix
  [7]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/Vendor-Recruitment-Discussions
  [8]:
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-steeringcommittee_open-services.net/2012-October/000071.html
  [9]:
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-communications_open-services.net/2012-October/000116.html
  [10]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/BigOrgTargets/#120814-minutes
  [11]: http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/Action-Items/
  [12]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/Action-Items-private/

Sean Kennedy

OSLC: Lifecycle integration inspired by the web --
http://open-services.net/
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC -- http://eclipse.org/lyo/

There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. -- Victor
Hugo