[Oslc-steeringcommittee] FW: The Forrester WaveT: Application Life-Cycle Management, Q4 2012, Forrester Research, Inc.

Ersch, Rainer rainer.ersch at siemens.com
Mon Nov 26 07:47:08 EST 2012

Dear StC colleagues,

This is very disappointing: Although their analysis regarding importance of interoperability is correct (see below), OSLC was not mentioned with a word.
That's an area we need to get better in the future doing more "lobbying". We can still use this (and I certainly will when I'm going to contact Microsoft), but it would have been much more helpful, if OSLC would have been mentioned as a technology for integration.
I think these folks need to be in our focus as next "big orgs".

Bye and have a nice day
Rainer

P.S. I would know someone, who would be a great focal point for Forrester - Mik, can you think of someone, too ;-))

The Forrester Wave(tm): Application Life-Cycle Management, Q4 2012, Forrester Research, Inc.

Integrating across tools. Vendors have reluctantly admitted that customers are not interested
in their suite of tools, no matter how impressive or cost effective they might be. Switching
costs can be high, and many capabilities, such as issue tracking and source control, are so
commoditized that switching makes little sense. Some tools, such as HP Quality Center, are so
widely adopted that other vendors must integrate with them in some fashion. The speed of tool
innovation in some areas, such as continuous delivery and requirements, outpaces what any
single vendor can keep up with, providing another reason for integrating across tools.