[Oslc-steeringcommittee] Proposal approaching vendors about OSLC

Keis, Andreas Andreas.Keis at eads.com
Fri Nov 16 09:27:04 EST 2012

+1

Get them!!!

From: Oslc-steeringcommittee
[mailto:oslc-steeringcommittee-bounces at open-services.net] On Behalf Of
Ersch, Rainer
Sent: 16 November 2012 13:51
To: oslc-steeringcommittee at open-services.net
Subject: [Oslc-steeringcommittee] Proposal approaching vendors about
OSLC

Dear StC Colleagues,

John and I had the chance to talk about how to approach big
organizations during our meeting in Madrid this week.

Since we both think that this is a very important topic, we came up with
the following proposal, we would like to share with you:

-          As already discussed in previous StC meetings, we propose to
install a StC focal point for two vendors to begin with

-          The two vendors should be Microsoft (TFS team) and Siemens
PL.

-          The StC members being the focal point for these organizations
should first approach them informally,
but with the clear mandate of the StC to figure out what a next
engagement step could be
(e.g. a more formal meeting with a StC delegation).

-          Our proposal is also that John should be the focal point for
Siemens PL and I would take this role for Microsoft.

-          Based on these experiences, we should later decide how useful
this approach is and how to continue

If you agree to this proposal, please reply (to all) with a "+1" vote to
this message. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact
me and/or John.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Bye and have a nice day

Rainer

@Sean: could you please send out a formal note when we have reached
voting result and document the decision on our private StC wiki page.