[Oslc-steeringcommittee] SCM WG rechartering proposal for meeting

Ersch, Rainer rainer.ersch at siemens.com
Thu Jul 26 11:04:13 EDT 2012

one more thought regarding rename SCM vs. create new CM WG. As far as I understood Nicks charter for CM, the main focus (at least for a first iteration of a CM spec) would cover configuration management aspects of many (if not all) resources types (RM, QM, etc. as much as source types - see also: OSLC-Core discussion thread).
Would this not speak for an SCM independent CM WG? Or ... we even push the overall CM aspect to the Core-WG, which was pretty much the idea of the PLM-WG by proposing the Core extensions.  Now we have three options - grrr.

I feel pretty bad having raised this discussion so late in the Steering Committee Meeting. I don't think we are handling this right with two parallel discussions in the StC and CM/Core WG.  I guess we still need some practicing to figure out where one responsibility ends and the other starts :(.  In addition, I have to learn to wear my different hats in a more coordinated way - sorry for that :( :(.

I propose to setup call with all interested parties (core WG+x) to come up with a common proposal. Steve, can you help to coordinate a date, if we agree on this proposal?

Bye and have a nice day
Rainer