[Oslc-steeringcommittee] Asset Management workgroup seeking approval V2 specification

Sean Kennedy seanpk at ca.ibm.com
Fri Aug 17 09:58:05 EDT 2012

I'll start by moving the discussion onto the right thread.

Rainer wrote:
"
   did we miss that in our Tuesday StC call? Was there a decision requested
   by the StC or does this message mean that they will wait until the new
   infrastructure is in place? If the Core-Workgroup is o.k. to release the
   spec, I think a formal approval by the StC could be done via e-mail.
   Since we are still in a transition phase from the ?old? to the ?new?
   governance model, I would recommend not to enforce the planned spec
   release quality gates yet, but we should have the topic ?release process
   of spec?s? on the agenda for the next meeting.
   Sean could you prepare the QGate list and a voting proposal for the next
   meeting? If you need help, please let me know.
"

The plan was to have the vote at the September meeting, and it is on the
draft agenda [0], however, it is possible that the approval could be
handled completely by email.
I believe the Core WG is satisfied with the specification. The Asset
Management WG has made the effort to deliver a test suite to the Eclipse
Lyo project, and does want the specification released as "final" as soon as
possible.

I am sure the Asset Management WG would be happy to see the specification
approved with no (or little) additional work. Since they have already
provided the following information:
1. Positive feedback from the Core WG [1]
2. An implementation report [2]
3. A test suite submission to Eclipse Lyo [3]
there may not be any difference in work between the "old" and "new" ways.

Still, given the Asset Management WG's need to have the specification
release before the end of September, not applying the "QGate" list yet
would save us from having to apply a process at the same time we're trying
to agree on it. If the StC chooses to proceed that way, I think all that is
required is a final "OK" (by email) from the Core WG.

Thanks.

  [0]: http://open-services.net/wiki/steering-committee/1209-StC-Meeting/
  [1]:
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-assetmgmt_open-services.net/2012-April/000029.html
  [2]: http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/AssetImplementationReports
  [3]:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.testsuite.git/tree/org.eclipse.lyo.testsuite.server/src/main/java/org/eclipse/lyo/testsuite/oslcv2/asset

Sean Kennedy

       Phone: 905-413-4385 (Internal:        Operations Coordinator for the OSLC Steering
       313-4385)                             Committee
       Fax: 905-413-4850 (to my              Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration
       attention)                            OSLC Community Development Leader for IBM
       Email: seanpk at ca.ibm.com              Rational
       LinkedIn: seanpk                      IBM Rational Software - IBM Toronto Software
                                             Lab

There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. -- Victor
Hugo

.

Please see the latest on the Asset Management V2 spec below.

Sean Kennedy

       Phone: 905-413-4385 (Internal:        Operations Coordinator for the OSLC Steering
       313-4385)                             Committee
       Fax: 905-413-4850 (to my              Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration
       attention)                            OSLC Community Development Leader for IBM
       Email: seanpk at ca.ibm.com              Rational
       LinkedIn: seanpk                      IBM Rational Software - IBM Toronto Software
                                             Lab

There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. -- Victor
Hugo

.

Inactive hide details for Dr Gili Mendel---2012/08/14 04:54:17
PM---Sean/Steve,     In the Asset work group meeting today, we dDr Gili
Mendel---2012/08/14 04:54:17 PM---Sean/Steve, In the Asset work group
meeting today, we decided to move the v2 spec to the new Wik