[oslc-rm] Using level 0 labels for OSLC links

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Tue Aug 20 08:28:46 EDT 2013

Hello Yuriy

I think the use case for compact rendering may justify the fact that a
level 0 label may not be part of the OSLC representation of the
requirement.  What use cases do you have for making use of such labels
more uniform across the resource model?

The guidance for link labels indicates that the label should be the label
of the link, not a copy of the label of the object of the link.  There are
reasons for this - security is one of them - and another is maintaining
the freshness of the link label if it is a copy of something else.  So the
link label is really a label of the link.  Not all OSLC implementations
follow this guidance.

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)