[oslc-rm] [OSLC-RM] Troubleshoot : PUT on a DOORS requirement

Glenn Matheson gmatheson at cuscal.com.au
Wed Aug 29 19:57:17 EDT 2012

Why am I on this mailing list?

Please remove me immediately.

From: oslc-rm-bounces at open-services.net [mailto:oslc-rm-bounces at open-services.net] On Behalf Of Madeuf, Louis
Sent: Wednesday, 29 August 2012 8:16 PM
To: oslc-rm at open-services.net
Subject: [oslc-rm] [OSLC-RM] Troubleshoot : PUT on a DOORS requirement

Hello to all the OSLC-RM mailing list,

I am facing a strange issue with DOORS 9.4 + DWA 1.5 OSLC-RM implementation.
According to this link it is possible to do a PUT on a requirement :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/doorshlp/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.doors.install.doc/topics/r_oslc_services.html

So I did, using this URL :

http://localhost:8080/dwa/rm/+URN-OF-A-REQUIREMENT

I had to keep track of the versioning with the If-Match header, and everything seems to work, no errors pop up. But when I look closer to the XML sent back, the resource is the previous version and not the updated version I PUT. In DOORS database, the requirement is still the previous version. I looked at the ETag header, the ETag did not change, indicating the version is still the same before and after the PUT.

Any ideas about what could be going on ?
Thanks a lot for your time,

Best Regards,

Louis MADEUF
EADS Innovation Works
+44 (0)1633714711
Quadrant Campus, Celtic Springs, Cleppa Park,
Coedkernew, Newport, NP10 8FZ, United Kingdom.

NOTICE
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain;
a. Confidential information of Cuscal Limited ('Cuscal') or third parties; and or
b. Legally privileged information of Cuscal or third parties and or
c. Copyright material of Cuscal or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact Cuscal immediately by return email or by telephone on 61-2-8299 9000 and delete the email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with any computer virus, data corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of this email.