[oslc-rm] [OSLC-RM] Troubleshoot : PUT on a DOORS requirement

Madeuf, Louis louis.madeuf at eads.com
Wed Aug 29 06:16:14 EDT 2012

Hello to all the OSLC-RM mailing list,

I am facing a strange issue with DOORS 9.4 + DWA 1.5 OSLC-RM
implementation.

According to this link it is possible to do a PUT on a requirement :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/doorshlp/v9/index.jsp?topic=/co
m.ibm.doors.install.doc/topics/r_oslc_services.html

So I did, using this URL :

http://localhost:8080/dwa/rm/+URN-OF-A-REQUIREMENT

I had to keep track of the versioning with the If-Match header, and
everything seems to work, no errors pop up. But when I look closer to
the XML sent back, the resource is the previous version and not the
updated version I PUT. In DOORS database, the requirement is still the
previous version. I looked at the ETag header, the ETag did not change,
indicating the version is still the same before and after the PUT.

Any ideas about what could be going on ?

Thanks a lot for your time,

Best Regards,

Louis MADEUF

EADS Innovation Works

+44 (0)1633714711

Quadrant Campus, Celtic Springs, Cleppa Park,

Coedkernew, Newport, NP10 8FZ, United Kingdom.