[oslc-rm] Minutes of bi-weekly meeting 24th January

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Tue Feb 1 10:01:05 EST 2011

Available here [1].
Sorry for the delay in sending this mail to the list.

We had a discussion around requirement organization - ways of associating
collections of resources into a information-adding structure [See 2].  For
example, a system requirement specification (SRS) "document".

We need to articulate some integration scenarios that motivate this
"organization".  We have already done this for RequirementCollection
resources.

We made the following observations:
        - organizing requirements ought not to affect the requirement
        - a requirement may be organized in several ways;  the idea of a
view, or perspective was discussed
        - we disliked the idea that that a requirement must be so
organized
        - we want to organize things other than requirements
        - an ordered tree of requirements is one way of organizing
requirements
        - the result of a query could also be seen as a way of organizing
requirements (for example, all requirements allocated to sprint 1).

[1] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmMeetings20110124
[2] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmRequirementsOrganization

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational