[oslc-rm] Updates to the OSLC RM V2.0 Specification

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Fri Oct 8 09:13:00 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I wanted to inform the group of some changes to the specification:

      - Addition of application/xml as REQUIRED resource representation
format
      - Clarification around continued OPTIONAL support for JSON
      - Addition of some examples.  These are part of the specification but
are non-normative.

Two new rows in the compliance requirements table [1]:
   | XML Representations | MUST | OSLC services MUST support XML
   representations that conform to the OSLC Core Guidelines for XML |
   | JSON Representations | MAY | OSLC services MAY support JSON
   representations;  those which do MUST conform to the OSLC Core
   Guidelines for JSON |

The first is the substantive change - OSLC RM V2 providers MUST support the
application/xml representations as defined by OSLC Core Representation
Guidance [2].  The second of these two rows is more of a clarification -
that providers MAY offer JSON support. However, those providers that do
offer JSON support, MUST do so in accordance with [2].  In relation to
query over application/xml representations I've raised a question at OSLC
Core [5].   Until that question is answered, the specification requirements
around query are unchanged.  The section on Resource Formats [6] also
reflects these changes.

I've uploaded samples (service providers, requirement, shape) [3].

Feedback on these and other matters to the issues page, at [4], and/or via
this maillist.

best wishes,
    -ian

[1]