[OSLC-RM] Various updates to the draft spec

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Fri Oct 30 07:42:39 EDT 2009

Hello all,
there has been a round of updates following some excellent review comments
from Simon - many thanks to Simon.  Here's a brief summary of these and
other changes:
        - added  PUT on requirements and links to RmRestApi
        - added dc:contributor to link, requirement and requirement
collection resources.  This aligns with AM.
        - adopted use of FOAF for dc:creator and dc:contributor.  This
aligns with AM.
        - added read-only designation to various properties in the
resource definitions, and updated the REST API to describe what happens
when a read-only property is "updated".
        - removed the LinkCollection and RequirementCollection vocabulary
terms: now using rdf:Bag only.  These additional terms in the vocabulary
were unnecessary.
        - updated the MIME types to include a "1.0" version marker; for
example, a requirement is now application/x-oslc-rdm-requirement-1.0+xml
        - various typos fixed etc.

I look to Steve and Scott for how we can transition to convergence.  The
following issue need to be addressed before that happens:
        - the Link vocabulary is in an OSLC "Commons" namespace which I
proposed speculatively.  (The AM workgroup has adopted the same Link
resource definition.)  We need agreement from OSLC Architect that this is
acceptable.  If it is not, I will revert to an RM-specific namespace.

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational