[OSLC-RM] Link types

Benjamin Williams bwilliams at uk.ibm.com
Tue Oct 6 10:18:42 EDT 2009

Ian

As per my other email on reporting, I feel that such such collaboration
and consistency across domains will be extremely important, if not
absolutely necessary.
Specifically in the context of reporting, the features exposed by service
providers across each domain will need to (consistently) support the
requirements and use-cases defined in the Reporting domain such that
reporting consumers can leverage lifecycle data without needing any
knowledge of the source domains and any differences in the way they expose
data.

The scenarios and use-cases that we are defining in the reporting domain
should be entirely domain agnostic, as far as I am concerned. We can use
specific examples for both single domain reporting as well as cross domain
reporting, but the domains used in the examples should be freely
interchangeable without any impact on the reporting consumer.

The reporting domain is still in its infancy, and my involvement in OSLC
is only just beginning, but from what I understand, the reporting domain
might be one of the first things to force us to think about some of the
cross domain issues that you and Simon have discussed.

/Ben

Benjamin Williams
Senior Product Manager - Rational Publishing Engine

Email: bwilliams at uk.ibm.com
Tel: +44 20 8818 4360
Cell: +44 7710 637 067
IBM Extension: 364360