[oslc-Reporting] OSLC Reporting - Paging

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 17:14:40 EDT 2010

Thanks Tack. That is a great write-up of the issue.

I guess I've never considered implementation #1 because it's it's
difficult to implement and even if you do have an RDBMS/cursor holding
open a bunch of cursors does not seem very scalable. But, I can see
why you would want the query result to be a snapshot of the data at a
specific point in time.

Do we need to provide a way for services to declare which
implementation approach they use? (I hope not)

It might be useful to examine what other specifications say about this
issue, e.g. AtomPub for example.

- Dave