[OSLC-Reporting] Fw: OSLC-Reporting working sessions - Resource Schema

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Tue Nov 3 14:31:21 EST 2009

Capturing outcome from this working session.

1. A resource  "schema" is required, either manually or programmatically,
for the reporting system to work.
      A reporting system needs to acquire knowledge on the resources it is
      going to report on.
      There are three ways that a reporting system can acquire the
      knowledge
         A human, like a reporting administrator, has the knowledge and
         manually inputs them into the reporting system
         The reporting system has prior knowledge on the OSLC domain
         specification injected. (Note: This option alone would not allow
         reporting on custom extensions to the base OSLC specification.)
         A programmatic way to discover the knowledge from the domain
         service provider via a defined specification.
         A combination of the above.
      The first two are out of the scope of the OSLC-Reporting.
      The third one will not be mandatory, but highly recommended, for
      OSLC-Reporting.

2. Schema Choices: RDF Schema (and its derivatives) vs. XML Schema
      Will enhance the current example to illustrate the use of RDF Schema
      Will do the same to illustrate the use of XML Schema for comparison

3. The current approach on the table is
      acquiring RDF Schema from service provider
      constructing a query based on the RDF Schema
      inferring the structure of the resultset in XML coming back

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com
905-413-3232
tie line 313-3232
----- Forwarded by Tack Tong/Toronto/IBM on 11/03/2009 12:06 PM -----

  Calendar Entry
  Meeting

                                                         |---------------|
                                                         | [X] Notify me |
                                                         |---------------|
                                                                      Alarm
                                                                      setti
                                                                      ngs
                                                         |----------------|
                                                         | [ ] Mark       |
                                                         |     Private    |
                                                         |----------------|
                                                                  |-------|
                                                                  | [ ] P |
                                                                  |     e |
                                                                  |     n |
                                                                  |     c |
                                                                  |     i |
                                                                  |     l |
                                                                  |     I |
                                                                  |     n |
                                                                  |-------|

|-+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+->
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| | Subject                                                                            | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |           OSLC-Reporting working sessions - Resource Schema                        | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| | When                                                                               | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                Tue 11/03/2009                                                      | |
| |                                10:00 AM                                            | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                Tue 11/03/2009                                                      | |
| |                                11:00 AM                                            | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                            1 hour                                  | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                |-----------------------------------|                               | |
| |                | [ ] Specify a different time zone |                               | |
| |                |-----------------------------------|                               | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| | Invitees                                                                           | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |            Invited                                                                 | |
| |                     The following invitees have been invited                       | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |           Required (to)                                                            | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |           Optional (cc)                                                            | |
| |                     Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA, Benjamin Williams/UK/IBM at IBMGB,| |
| |                     Dragos Cojocari/San Jose/Contr/IBM at IBMUS, James                | |
| |                     Moody/Ottawa/IBM at IBMCA, Jim Daly/Ottawa/IBM at IBMCA,             | |
| |                     joan.touzet at accenture.com, mik at tasktop.com, Paul               | |
| |                     McMahan/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, Paul Tasillo/Concord/IBM at IBMUS,     | |
| |                     Scott Bosworth/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, Scott                        | |
| |                     Fairbrother/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, Sebastian Rose/UK/IBM at IBMGB,    | |
| |                     Steve Abrams/Watson/IBM at IBMUS, Steve K                         | |
| |                     Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, Steven B                           | |
| |                     Pitschke/Lexington/IBM at IBMUS, Vishwanath                       | |
| |                     Ramaswamy/Ottawa/IBM at IBMCA, Xiang Dong Hu/China/IBM at IBMCN      | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
| |                                                                                    | |
|-+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------+-|
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  | Chair                                                            | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |           Tack Tong/Toronto/IBM                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  | Where                                                            | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |          Location                                                | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |          Reserved                                                | |
  |                   No rooms or resources have been reserved       | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  | Categorize                                                       | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  |                                                                  | |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------+-|

|-+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
| |                                                                                                                                                  |
| |                                                                                                                                                  |
| | Description                                                                                                                                      |
| |                                                                                                                                                  |
| |                                                                                                                                                  |
| |                                                                                                                                                  |
|-+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-|
  | |
  >-|

Please read this link
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/ReportingResourceSchema#proposal

Local Dial-in number:                               416-343-2604
Tieline : 310-2604
Toll-free Dial-in number:                           1 866-576-2504
conference id : 1400704

http://www.webdialogs.com
Conference ID is 3133232