[Oslc-recon] Question from AM workgroup regarding re-use of resource oslc_asset:Asset

Tuan Dang tdang at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 21 10:53:11 EST 2013

When we started the wg, we wanted to tightly control the properties that
are used for determining identity and reconciliation, hence we defined
tag/mfg/mode/serialNumber as part of the crtv vocabulary.
This has changed over time so that the wg members are now amenable to
using other vocabularies. I'm ok with using the AM property definitions
but, at this point
it's going to be a big workload for the reconciliation spec implementers
to switch to using the AM namespace.

What I'll do is to define the crtv:tag/mfg/model/serialNumber properties
as owl:sameAs (e.g. crtv:assetTag owl:sameAs oslc_asset:tag) in the
crtvocabulary. This will
allow implementers to handle oslc_asset properties gracefully.

Thanks ! T

Tuan Dang
Tivoli OSLC governance, OSLC Reconciliation workgroup lead, Tivoli Common
Data Model
Internet: tdang at us.ibm.com
phone: (919) 224-1242 T/L 687-1242