[Oslc-recon] naming property change request from Marcin Luczinsky

Tuan Dang tdang at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 13 14:22:38 EST 2013

Marcin's 1) follows what Joe said. The virtual machine uses the
manufacturer/model/serialNumber from the physical server to populate the
VM properties.
We had verified with the other workgroups that this would work with
existing types of VM ( vmware, solaris, etc ... )

It's Marcin's 2) that looks off. I don't think we should overload the
hostId property given that we already have a property for the
systemBoardUUID.

I've asked Marcin to join the mailing list and continue the discussion in
the workgroup.

Thanks ! T

Tuan Dang
Tivoli OSLC governance, OSLC Reconciliation workgroup lead, Tivoli Common
Data Model
Internet: tdang at us.ibm.com
phone: (919) 224-1242 T/L 687-1242