[Oslc-recon] remove URIs used for categorization of SoftwareServer, SoftwareModule, ServiceInstance

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 6 10:54:58 EST 2013

I don't see any issue with using it or not.  Perhaps just a matter of best
practice and what you need to do.  You "own"
http://open-services.net/ns/csrtv/* and
http://open-services.net/ns/csrtv#* space.

I do see in the scenario you are using it to not make sense, so I'm in
agreement with the improvement.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

"Oslc-Recon" <oslc-recon-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on 02/06/2013
09:14:44 AM:

> From: Tuan Dang/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
> To: oslc-recon at open-services.net,
> Date: 02/06/2013 09:16 AM
> Subject: [Oslc-recon] remove URIs used for categorization of
SoftwareServer,
> SoftwareModule, ServiceInstance
> Sent by: "Oslc-Recon" <oslc-recon-bounces at open-services.net>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm posting this in case we don't get a quorum on the weekly call.
>
> We had defined URIs of the form
>    http://open-services.net/ns/crtv/siType#something
>
> It turns out that there are issues with this
>    1 - the workgroup claimed ownership only of the namespace
http://open-
> services.net/ns/crtv#
>    2 - it seems to restrictive to define URIs that can only be used for
one
> resource type ( in the example above, restricted to the ServiceInstance
resource )

> We had already defined 2 sets of URIs
>    http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#something
> and
>   http://open-services.net/ns/crtv/siType#something
> with the thought that we could allow products that are already
implementing
> the spec to migrate without difficulties
>
> I have talked to the implementing teams and they have agreed to move to
the
> URIs using the valid namespace.
> Therefore, there is no need to keep the .../siType# namespaces in the
spec.
> The sections affected are :
>    http://open-services.net/wiki/reconciliation/OSLC-Reconciliation-
> Specification-Version-2.0/#ServiceInstance-category-URIs
>    http://open-services.net/wiki/reconciliation/OSLC-Reconciliation-
> Specification-Version-2.0/#SoftwareServer-category-URIs
>    http://open-services.net/wiki/reconciliation/OSLC-Reconciliation-
> Specification-Version-2.0/#SoftwareModule-category-URIs
>
> I'll remove them this week unless there are objections.
>
> Thanks ! T
>
> Tuan Dang
> Tivoli OSLC governance, OSLC Reconciliation workgroup lead, Tivoli
Common Data Model