[Oslc-recon] remove URIs used for categorization of SoftwareServer, SoftwareModule, ServiceInstance

Tuan Dang tdang at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 6 09:14:44 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm posting this in case we don't get a quorum on the weekly call.

We had defined URIs of the form
   http://open-services.net/ns/crtv/siType#something

It turns out that there are issues with this
   1 - the workgroup claimed ownership only of the namespace
http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#
   2 - it seems to restrictive to define URIs that can only be used for
one resource type ( in the example above, restricted to the
ServiceInstance resource )

We had already defined 2 sets of URIs
   http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#something
and
  http://open-services.net/ns/crtv/siType#something
with the thought that we could allow products that are already
implementing the spec to migrate without difficulties

I have talked to the implementing teams and they have agreed to move to
the URIs using the valid namespace.
Therefore, there is no need to keep the .../siType# namespaces in the
spec.
The sections affected are :

http://open-services.net/wiki/reconciliation/OSLC-Reconciliation-Specification-Version-2.0/#ServiceInstance-category-URIs

http://open-services.net/wiki/reconciliation/OSLC-Reconciliation-Specification-Version-2.0/#SoftwareServer-category-URIs

http://open-services.net/wiki/reconciliation/OSLC-Reconciliation-Specification-Version-2.0/#SoftwareModule-category-URIs

I'll remove them this week unless there are objections.

Thanks ! T

Tuan Dang
Tivoli OSLC governance, OSLC Reconciliation workgroup lead, Tivoli Common
Data Model
Internet: tdang at us.ibm.com
phone: (919) 224-1242 T/L 687-1242