[Oslc-recon] questions and comments on the Performance Monitoring spec and example RDF/XML - 4a

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 24 16:37:58 EDT 2012

Getting some offline discussion onto the mailing list.

> 4)  PerformanceMonitoringRecord Properties  table
>
> a)   Why is the dcterms:title property required for a performance
> monitoring record?      (It also wasn't in the example
> ComputerSystem performance monitoring record in the example RDF/XML.)
> This may be a copy and paste error. dcterms:title is only required
> for ResourceShape instances according to the Core Spec.

Julie responded: Would like John's feedback here.

4: dcterms:title - Each domain spec defines what it needs to satisfy its
scenarios.  min=0 on this sounds right to me.

Detail: Min=0 seems reasonable for perf mon (I'm not sure what title I'd
give to a resource whose only type was PerfMonRec ... this is not what
your implementation is producing I realize, but it's the general case).
Since your implementation also claims its instances comply with
Reconciliation, you need to honor any restrictions it levies too; again,
Min=0 seems reasonable since title's semantic is "human readable" which
makes it sound "not required" for reconciliation purposes.  Copying that
WG for their awareness.