[Oslc-recon] Interesting history items around reviews/approvals related to Recon

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Sat Dec 8 15:45:23 EST 2012

To provide a bit more context for anyone following the emails but unable
to attend the meeting: at this past week's meeting, two separate issues
were discussed, amongst others.

First, the full name of CRTV, which Steve also posted as a comment on this
mailing list [5].  Tuan and I talked with several of our prototype owners
after the meeting.  We have agreement in principle that Steve's proposal
to change the name is something they'll do, as long as they have some
assurance that this can be the final name change.  Betas exist now, so
these changes definitely incur cost to change documentation, and it's
possible that translated messages would be affected too (as yet the
research to definitely answer that question is not in).  Since OSLC Core
is meeting next week, we'll ask them to agree on a name that's tolerable
for them.  While that's no guarantee that someone (Core, Steering
Committee, other reviewers) won't ask for changes in the future, it's
better than nothing and Core's opinion should at least carry some weight.

Second, the choice of namespace URI for CRTV's terms.  Memories vary on
whether or not the crtv shortname (as in http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#
) was ever assigned to the Reconciliation working group, but one certainty
is that none of us so far are able to find any email archive or meeting
minute evidence that it was assigned, so we'll also try to get that on
Core's agenda for this week.  This case is particularly tortured, since
CRTV was originally a proposal make to the Performance Monitoring WG
(March 2012 roughly), but later moved to the Reconciliation working group
(Sept 2012).

Since Tuan is a member of Core (as am I, but I'll be out that day), he can
have the discussion and let the Reconciliation working group know what
happens.  The agenda request is at [6].  Core meets Wed afternoon.

[5]
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-recon_open-services.net/2012-November/000010.html
[6]
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2012-December/001520.html