[Oslc-pm] [Oslc-steeringcommittee] Request to Approve OSLC Performance Monitoring V2 to transition to Final

John Wiegand John_Wiegand at us.ibm.com
Wed May 15 13:41:52 EDT 2013

+1

From:   Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
To:     oslc-steeringcommittee at open-services.net,
Cc:     oslc-pm at open-services.net, Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com>
Date:   05/14/2013 11:38 AM
Subject:        [Oslc-steeringcommittee] Request to Approve OSLC
Performance     Monitoring V2 to transition to Final
Sent by:        "Oslc-steeringcommittee"
<oslc-steeringcommittee-bounces at open-services.net>

Hello Steering Committee:

I'm requesting on behalf of the Performance Monitoring Working Group an
approval of the OSLC Performance Monitoring V2 specification [1] and a
subset of Estimation and Measurement (ESM) V2 specification [2] to
transition to final by email.
Note: Since PerfMon needed almost exactly the same vocabulary terms
drafted in ESM, they worked with ESM and Core WGs to finalize the needed
subset [2].

The Core WG is satisfied with this specification [3], an Implementation
Report is available [4], and a Test Suite [5] is in place.

As stated in the Bylaws, a super majority vote is required [6]. Therefore
4 "+1" replies on this thread, are needed to approve the OSLC Performance
Monitoring V2 specification. If we do not receive those replies before an
upcoming StC meeting, I will request to take some agenda time to cover
this.
While 4 "+1" replies are required to approve the Specification, please
don't hesitate to add your +1 even if you are the fifth or sixth to do so.

Special thanks to Julianne Bielski (OSLC PerfMon WG Lead), Arthur Ryman
(OSLC ESM WG Lead) and the rest of the PerfMon working group for the
contributions.
[1]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/OSLC-Performance-Monitoring-Specification-Version-2.0/

[2]:
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-pm_open-services.net/2013-March/000119.html

[3]: http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Meeting20130410/#Minutes
[4]:
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/ImplementationReports/

[5]:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.testsuite.git/commit/?id=27d4ab2710f28421fdcdc436713b94e7674185f1

[6]: http://open-services.net/bylaws/#steering-committee "Duties and
Responsibilities > SUPER MAJORITY VOTE

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

----- Forwarded by Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM on 05/14/2013 01:30 PM
-----