[Oslc-pm] Document guidance involving resources from crtv vocabulary/Reconciliation workgroup

Tuan Dang tdang at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 19 14:54:16 EST 2013

Hi all,

Janet Andersen and I have been discussing how to represent metrics for
resource pools ( e.g. pools of database connections ).
We ended up using the following :

Resource pool categories
===================

OSLC services providers can represent pools of shared resources (e.g. a
set of shared database connections) using the rdfs:Container resource
definition. To help in categorizing these pools, the following RDFS
classes are defined
URI       Description
http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#ThreadPool                  a set of
shared threads
http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#DatabasePool                a set of
shared database connections
http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#J2CConnectorPool        a set of
shared J2C connections

My question is where do we put this guidance ? We're using resources from
http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#  which should mean that we document
in the Reconciliation workgroup. But, the applicable scenario is from Perf
Mon and the issue does not fall in the Reconciliation wg scope.

I'm proposing that we handle this either in the Perf Mon spec or in a Perf
Mon supporting document.

Thanks ! T

Tuan Dang
Tivoli OSLC governance, OSLC Reconciliation workgroup lead, Tivoli Common
Data Model
Internet: tdang at us.ibm.com
phone: (919) 224-1242 T/L 687-1242