[Oslc-pm] questions and comments on the Performance Monitoring spec and example RDF/XML - 11

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 24 17:30:08 EDT 2012

> Julie responded: Will do.

...and then (yet later) a bit more of an exchange occurred

In the Common Properties table for Performance Monitoring Record, the
Occurs property value for oslc:serviceProvider is zero-or-many which is
contradictory to 'oslc:serviceProvider property must be provided. Any idea
why these are out of sync?

Julie responded:  Would like John's feedback here.

John adds:
11: oslc:serviceProvider 0:* sounds like a copy/paste typo.  0:1 is what
I'd always expect, everywhere.  Actually I'd expect 1:1 almost always,
since I cannot think of a case where one lacks a SP aside from the "barely
interesting in an OSLC sense" case of a resource that expects to be
located via non-OSLC means.  Which is technically allowed, but seems like
an edge case not the sort of general expectation I'd set in a domain spec.
 So I'm fine with 0:1 (following the Principle of Least Surprise, it's
most like other domain specs in existence today) or 1:1 (we think it's
required for PM, if that's the case - I do confess I cannot thing of
anything in the scenarios actually requiring it; the WG will have to
decide if that's "working as intended" or shows a gap in the scenarios).