[Oslc-pm] questions and comments on the Performance Monitoring spec and example RDF/XML - 7

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 24 16:50:00 EDT 2012

Getting some offline discussion onto the mailing list.

> 7)  Will the Process resource be defined in CRTV or by the PerfMon
> spec?   There seem to be some inconsistencies in the spec and
> example RDF/XML: Should be in crtv now.
>
> a)  The additional properties table for Performance Monitoring
> record uses pm:process.
> b)  The RDF/XML uses  <rdf:type rdf:resource="http:open-
> services.net/ns/perfmon#Process"/>
> c)  However,  there is a section in the PerfMon spec that defines
> properties for Resource  crtv:Process  so that seems inconsistent
> with the two items above.

Julie responded: pm:process is correct, but I will change the RDF/XML to
say: <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://open-services.net/ns/crtv#Process"/>

John adds: lower case process is a predicate (what in non-RDF space people
would call a relationship type).  Upper case Process is a resource (RDFS
Class) definition (...non-RDF object type).  They happen to be in
different namespaces as well, but that is arguably an arbitrary choice
(arbitrary in the sense that it's true, but a required feature for the
rest of the discussion to be true).