[Oslc-pm] shouldn't ems:observes have a Representation or Either

Julianne Bielski bielsk at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 29 11:57:03 EDT 2012

All,

We currently state that the ems:observes property of
PerformanceMonitoringRecord has a type of Reference. While I agree that a
measure could be a standalone resource in some cases, I think that more
often than not an observation does not stand alone from the thing that it
is observing.The EMS spec, which uses ems:observes as a property of
ems:Measurement gives it a representation of Inline. I think we should at
least make ours representable either way.

Any objections?

-- Regards,

Julianne Bielski, STSM
ITM Core Chief Architect
Tivoli, IBM Software Group
tel: (919) 224-1170      (T/L) 687-1170
e-mail: bielsk at us.ibm.com

"All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act
without benefit of experience." — Henry Miller