[Oslc-pm] More updates made

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 15 16:36:33 EDT 2012

Following now posted:

Samples page [1]:
- wrote some front end/intro material for example 1, now has 4
progressively more detailed renditions of the same ex.
- updated wiki tables to match ex.
- updated example [2], [3] to use only units actually defined in a vocab
doc.
   (defined pm:PerMinute, fixed qudt:PerSecond)
- removed "normative sounding excerpt" shown below ... the entire samples
page is informative, as the text in the spec mainline linking to it makes
clear.  With the removal of pm:metricQualifier last week, and equivalent
information now being exposed via the vocabulary content, I think what it
used to say is now unnecessary (and for a determined implementer, not part
to work around anyway).
- ? removed ITM example

Spec [4]
- several points flagged in red starting with the string "Question to WG:"
- created some potential Guidance topics (these are informative, so should
not gate spec usage but might help it along)
- we need to fill in Contributors
- we need to figure out whether or not we want to create any Resource
Shapes (again, informative is the baseline assumption although technically
you could define one normatively to give it a name that implementations
could refer to, and simply make using it a MAY).

Created [5] to try and track this stuff so we can close it out.  Linked to
from the Meetings page.

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/OSLC-Performance-Monitoring-2.0-Appendix-A:-Samples/
[2]
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/File%3A20121017-PerfMonRec-001.ttl
[3]
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/File%3A20121017-PerfMonRec-001.rdf
[4]
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/OSLC-Performance-Monitoring-Specification-Version-2.0/
[removed excerpt]
If a Performance Monitoring provider exposes any of the metrics below,
they MUST be mapped to ems:Measure resources as shown. Other predicates
MAY be present, for example dcterms:title; their values are not
constrained by the mapping below. Other values of the predicates shown
below MAY also be present within the constraints of the resource
definition, for example additional qualifier values or RDF types.

[5]
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/Performance-Monitoring-Meeting-Actions/