[Oslc-pm] perf mon metric categories draft up

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 11 16:24:57 EDT 2012

Julie and I met with the EMS WG chair this week to discuss how we had
drafted pm:metricQualifier as a categorization mechanism for metrics.
Based on his feedback we restructured the syntax to eliminate
pm:metricQualifier and use RDFS subclassing for categorization.  This
brings it pretty much directly into the same pattern that EMS uses, seems
no worse in terms of expressivity, and makes the Measure instances smaller
by moving the categorization "metadata" from the instance to the RDFS.

[1]'s content through the Resource Properties heading is the bulk of the
new material.  New turtle and RDF on the samples page [2], but it does not
yet agree with the "equivalent" table above [2].  I did it quick & by hand
for now, but in short order I'll probably write code to cross-check and/or
generate chunks of content from the master.... e.g. subclass tree from
vocab doc, metrics category URIs table from vocab doc, etc.
[3] has updated vocab doc
[4] has updated arch doc

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/performance-monitoring/OSLC-Performance-Monitoring-Specification-Version-2.0/#Resource.3A-ems.3AMeasure