[Oslc-pm] Updates to mapping table from yesterday's call available for rocks/tomatoes

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 4 09:02:06 EDT 2012

[4]  top bit, just like on yesterday's call.

A couple of things reared their heads via this work:

1: I had a to-do to look and see if there is a dbpedia term for Count.  I
found [1] which seems a modest improvement over [2] in that dbp:Count_data
prohibits negative integer values.  Unitless appears to permit negative
values.

2: Do we define a pm:ResponseTime or re-use.  [3] looks like it fits our
needs so we could re-use it and avoid defining new (yay).  Any objections?

3: I segregated the metrics into various sections.  The last section (2
rows of response time) show that either I misunderstood something from the
call or we missed a conflict ... we have pm:ResponseTime as both an
ems:metric object and an ems:unitOfMeasure object, depending on where we
use it.

4: I plan to update the Arch page to reflect yesterday's discussion around
qualifier/metric composition, re-using the same metric for multiple
resources (thread pool metrics could apply to web server, db server, ...),
and the resource to PMR linkage.

5: There is a draft of the "if you are trying to expose metric X, map it
as Y" text above the table on [4]

[1] http://dbpedia.org/page/Count_data
[2] http://www.qudt.org/qudt/owl/1.0.0/unit/Instances.html#Unitless
[3] http://dbpedia.org/resource/Response_time_%28technology%29