[Oslc-pm] PmAppMonitAdmin scenario questions

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 13 07:51:25 EDT 2012

[4] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/PmAppMonitAdmin

Q4.1: "An application health consumer queries for performance data
(real-time or historic) " ... is "health" some other domain?  Perf Mon?

Q4.2: "Alternative - An application health consumer queries the status of
the monitoring application" ... aside from "activation status", does a
monitoring application have any other properties?

Q4.3: is "monitoring application" a synonym for a Perf Mon SP or something
distinct?  I'm trying to figure out if this drives a new resource
definition.  UC1 steps 6-7 suggest it's a synonym; ditto UC 2 steps 2,3.

Q4.4: "A resource hosts an application" starts every UC, but I'm not
seeing the same "resource" used anywhere else in any UC.  Am I missing
something, is it extraneous, or is something missing in the steps?

Q4.5: "health consumer requests the update of a monitoring resource
property data collection frequency."  ... are you assuming one frequency
for all data, or per-property granularity?

Q4.6: Did you intend the mechanism by which the client/consumer obtains
the URL for the monitoring app to be in or out of scope for the Perf Mon
spec?  e.g. are you eliciting a requirement for a link to it from each
"record", or something similar (what)?