[Oslc-pm] PmScenarioCoverageReport scenario questions

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 13 07:50:47 EDT 2012

[3] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/PmScenarioCoverageReport

Q3.1: Monitoring is only a part of the pre-conditions here.  Also
pre-supposed is discovery (not a domain that I'm aware of, unless you mean
Asset Mgmt).  Was it the intent to address this entire scenario in the
Perf Mon wg, or only the monitoring subset of it (seems more likely)?
 This seems like a pretty good fit for the new Reconciliation wg.

Q3.2: If the intent is to solve only the monitoring-relevant subset in
Perf Mon: I see a new (versus other scenarios) potential requirement
elicited to define a predicate to link -to- (not from) a performance
monitoring record.  I'm hesitant to go down that path; I'd lean toward
letting the domain defining the record that contains the link define the
predicate name(s) to use.  What was the intent here?

Q3.3: There is another requirement called out more explicitly here but I
think baked into several of the other scenarios implicitly: performance
data does not exist in isolation, it describes some other "observable"
resource that is conceptually at least separate from the observed
performance data.  As we often talk about it, it's performance data
"about" X, and probably (although often implicitly) at some point in time.
 That link certainly seems to make sense for Perf Mon to define.  I'm not
so sure Perf Mon would be capable to defining all the "X"s in the universe
though, so the link's range would seem to be open.  Was that the intent?