[Oslc-pm] PmAppMonitProgrammatic scenario questions

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 13 07:50:17 EDT 2012

[2] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/PmAppMonitProgrammatic

Q2.1: "An application health consumer queries for performance data
(real-time or historic) " ... is "health" some other domain?  Perf Mon?

Q2.2: "end user presents the data " ... not the UI app?

Q2.3: "resource registry" ... is that implementation detail or something
within the intended scope of the Perf Mon specs?

Q2.4: "Consumer indicates xml/rdf in the content-type header" ... should
be RDF/XML (or application/rdf+xml)?

Q2.5: What is the relationship between Steps and Detailed Steps?  There
are 5 steps in each, but they do not appear to directly correspond.

Q2.6 Are there any specific data/metrics that need to be in the domain
spec in order to meet this scenario (e.g. all/some of those in the
business goal - those are pretty mushy to me, so if those are desired
in-spec we'd need to get more specific about them I think)?   Or is the
intent to leave the particular metrics/definitions to the implementation,
and limit the spec to defining how the implementation's metrics are
introspected at run time?   Or a bit of both?